$10,000 tech project. Decorate a house. Sounds insane? How about a decorated house thats synched with an Orchestra’s music? How about the “Wizards In Winter” by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra? With a grand total of 25,000 lights and 2 months, an electrical engineer creates the Christmas house. It caused ONE Car ACCIDENT. Brilliant. Absolutely Brilliant. Heres a link
Archive for 2005
Dear god…this is scary….but, hey, if download squad says its the #10 tech event of the year, guess what? its on this one
ahh….this ones brilliant though…mwahahaha
heres the link!
FreeRAM XP PRO
quite useful for people like me, who open about a gazillion firefox tabs, with a few hundred word docs floating around. Sorry macs, this ones for us buggy windows people! This will clear unused garbage from your computer when your running many windows. Wasted ram on my computer costs me about 200 MB!
Get it here!
Posted on December 31st, 2005 in Downloads | 2 Comments »
Xearth for Windows!
Changes your computer desktop to a rotating 3d map of the earth. Highly configurable, includes the option of showing earthquake data, the sun rises, and others!
Get it here
For those of us interesting in ahm “hot” topics. British nuclear war plans from 1975 have been released! Interesting tidbits of knowledge such as these facts:
- TV would be closed. (OMG, NOOOOooo )
- PM would be evacuated to a bunker. Civilians left on the streets.
- Art+Treasures would be hidden in deep mines
Whats interesting are the notes on what they thought might trigger such a nuclear war.
- British membership on the Market
- Saddam Hussein
- Faked death of a MP
- need I go further?
Posted on December 31st, 2005 in Site of the Day | 3 Comments »
5,198vulnerabilites in software products this year. Dear god…thats alot of patches. Ironically…only 812 of them are on the Windows OS, while 2,328 were found in Unix/Linux/Mac OSes! That is Wierd. However, 2,058 affected mutiple OS’es so…
Full article here
I know you’ve got those very nice Xbox 360’s sitting somewhere in your house. I want one. But, you definitly have overheating issues right? Well, not if you get this!
CoolIT Systems Inc Brings The Xbox 360 Chiller!
It’s a water power cooling system. You don’t need any fancy moding or breaking of those precious warranties!
Posted on December 31st, 2005 in Site of the Day | 1 Comment »
Very nice list, although most of them, I already have…some of you know my, eh…extensive list of extensions…
Updated list available here
But! for the sake of security…heres the current list:
here are hundreds of firefox extensions on the web. Which ones do you use? Here is my attempt to collect the 50 best and popular firefox extensions
which make your browsing, downloading and navigation in Firefox as easy
as possible, while harnessing the full power and features of Firefox.
are small add-ons that add new functionality to Firefox. The list has
been classified on the basis of some broad categories and most of them
work on the latest version of the Firefox Web Browser 1.5. Firefox
latest version allows easy update of these extensions than ever before
with a few clicks. You need to check that similar functioning
extensions may not work with each other. You probably use many of them,
and may find some new good extensions here…
Control Firefox Tabs
- All-in-One Gestures
– merges the popular following extensions for management of mouse
gestures, scrolling and power navigation. (Mix of Mouse Gestures,
Rocker navigation, Tab scroller, History scroller, Link tooltip and
- Tabbrowser Preferences
– a comprehensive UI for changing a number of the hidden tabbed
browsing preferences in Firefox. It also provides the ability to
control how internal and external links are opened in the browser and
how the browser will react when links are sent to it.
- Tab Mix Plus
– More tweaks added to tabs. Ability to select and open muliple links
in tabs, open link in a duplicated tab, merge tabs and close tabs from
- Undoclosetab – Allows accidently closed recent tabs to be reopened.
- Tab X – Adds a small close button to each of the browser tabs, and removes the close button from the end of the tab bar.
- Restart Firefox
– Adds “Restart Firefox” menuitem to “File”, and a toolbar button for
easy restarting. Great for when you install themes or extensions and
need to restart Firefox.
- Sessionsaver – restores the pages you had open the last time you used Firefox – even if it crashes or there is a powerout.
Control Website Links
– Lets you open or download all or selected links, image links and even
web addresses found in the text in separate or different tabs or
- WebMailCompose – Makes mailto: links load your webmail’s compose page and adds a Compose link to the context menu.
- Linkification – Allows Firefox (0.9+) to view plain-text URLs and e-mail addresses as actual links
- IE View – allows the current page or a selected link to be opened in Internet Explorer. Very useful for those IE only pages.
- Paste and Go
– lets you paste an URL from the clipboard into the address bar and
load it as a single step, either via the adress bar’s context menu or
by pressing Ctrl-Shift-V
– Drag a link or picture and throw it anywehere on your webpage
(content area) and open it on a new tab. (Not updated for FF1.5)
Control File Downloads
- FlashGot – handles single and massive downloads with several external Download Managers.
- PDF Download
– Every time you click on a link, checks if the target is a pdf file
and in this case let you choose what you want to do (open pdf file
inside a new tab, download it to the filesystem or view it as HTML).
- ScrapBook – helps you to save Web pages and easily manage collections.
– adds new advanced downloading capabilities to your browser. It lets
you download in just one click all the links or images contained in a
webpage or refine your preferences using fully customizable filters.
– provides visual cues for the destinations of hyperlinks. If a
hyperlink points to a something that is not a web page (in cases of
pdf, doc, zip files etc.), then TargetAlert will try to append an icon
to the hyperlink that represents its destination
- Download Manager Tweak
– modifies the default appearance of the firefox download manager and
allows it to be opened in a separate window, the sidebar, or a tab.
- Download Statusbar – is a browser extension that allows you to keep track of ongoing and completed downloads in a hide-away statusbar
- Disable Targets For Downloads – Prevents sites spawning blank windows when clicking binary downloads.
- FireFTP – is a free, secure, cross-platform FTP client for Mozilla Firefox which provides easy and intuitive access to FTP servers.
Control Webpage Behaviour & Navigation
- GreaseMonkey – Install user scripts and change the behavior of any web page
- Image Zoom
– Right click on an image and select a zoom option from the popup menu,
or, hold down the right mouse button in combination with the mouse
wheel to zoom in or out on an image.
– Speed up Firefox. Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with
Fasterfox’s unique prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth
by silently loading and caching all of the links on the page you are
browsing. Also tweaks many network and rendering settings such as
simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS cache, and initial
– enables spell checking in web forms such as html textarea / input
elements (html input password elements are not checked by SpellBound)
and rich text form elements. This allows you to spell check forms
before submitting them.
– Bypasses compulsory web registration using the BugMeNot without the
hassle of surfing to it and querying its database everytime.
- Copy Plain Text
– Copies text without formatting. Have you ever copied something and
been annoyed that the text formatting (bold, font size, etc) came with
it? Don’t you wish you could just copy the text itself, without having
to copy it, paste it into notepad, then copy it again?
- Google Images Re-Linker
– This will let you click the thumbnail images on images.google.com,
skip the referred framed page, and jump straight to the full-size image.
- Stop-or-Reload Button – Makes the Stop and Reload button behave like a single one (as in Safari).
- Extended Statusbar
– adds an Opera-like statusbar for Firefox that shows number of loaded
images, bytes downloaded, average download speed, load time and
percentage of the page loaded.
- Resizeable Textarea – Resize small textareas in forums to your needed size avoiding scrolling.
- Adblock – allows the user to specify filters, which remove unwanted content based on the source-address. Block ads, applets, flash, embedded-media etc.
- Flashblock – blocks all Flash content from loading on a webpage.
- Sage – add a lightweight RSS and Atom feed aggregator which integrates with Firefox’s bookmark storage and Live Bookmarks.
Control Privacy / Security
– lets you manage and switch between multiple proxy configurations
quickly and easily. You can also use it as an anonymizer to protect
your computer from prying eyes.
of your choice. This whitelist based pre-emptive blocking approach
prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities with no loss of
- Always Remember Password
– Instructs web sites to always remember your password. Some sites like
Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, and banking sites instruct the browser to never
allow your password manager to retain your information.
Control Web Searches
- Google Toolbar for Firefox
– Lets you search google and all its services easily. Also powered by
Google Suggest (Get query suggestions as you type in the search box),
SpellCheck, AutoFill, Pagerank of webpage, access to gmail,
– enhances Google search results by adding extra information (like
links to Yahoo, Ask Jeeves, MSN etc) and removing unwanted information
(like ads and spam).
– allows you to assign keyboard shortcuts to jump to next and previous
links on search results pages, like Google, Yahoo, Ebay, Amazon, and
many other sites.
– enhances Google, MSN Search, Yahoo Search, A9, Answers.com,
AllTheWeb, Dogpile.com, del.icio.us and Simpy.com bookmarks by adding
previews (thumbnails) and Amazon product images and info etc.
Control Your Music / Video
- FoxyTunes – Listen to music while surfing the Web, and control your favorite media player without ever leaving the browser.
- MediaPlayerConnectivity – Allow you to launch embed video of website in an external application with a simple click
Control Your Email
- Gmail Manager -
Allows you to manage multiple Gmail accounts and receive new mail
notifications. Displays your account details including unread messages,
saved drafts, spam messages, labels with new mail, space used, and new
- Gmail Notifier – checks and notifies your email in Gmail accounts.
- Gmail Delete Button – Add a “Delete” button to Gmail’s interface.
- AJAX Yahoo! Mail – Preview your messages with a single click. Adds AJAX support to the Yahoo! mail.
Control Your Bookmarks
- Bookmark with Del.icio.us
– Integrate del.icio.us right into Firefox. Easily access your
bookmarks and post new bookmarks. Post a bookmark without leaving the
page you are on.
- Bookmarks Synchronizer
– lets you connect to an FTP server and synchronize your bookmarks that
are stored in an XML file. Set if to automatically download the file on
startup or upload it when you close your browser.
- StumbleUpon – is an intelligent browsing tool for sharing and discovering great websites.
Control Other Popular Services
- Adsense Notifier – Displays your Adsense earnings on the statusbar.
- Forecastfox – Get international weather forecasts from AccuWeather.com, and display it in any toolbar or statusbar
- StockTicker – Shows your favorite stocks in a customizable ticker.
- DictionarySearch – Looks up a user selected word in an online dictionary you selected.
- Web Developer – Adds a menu and a toolbar with various essential web developer tools.
Happy Extension Catching!
Random links of the day is going to be split off into the download of the day and the links of the day…trying to make that work while writing a paper
Random links of the day posts will be one link at a time…with an explanation instead of a million links blocked together.
Therefore! This website is now officially UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Leave comments/suggestions. NOW or else face the wrath of the almightly LADYBUG!